announced it will highlight its breadth of composite solutions, including new materials formulated with recycled content, at the upcoming Composites and Advanced Materials Expo (CAMX).
>95% rPET Resin
Featured at CAMX is a new formulation of Polystrand™ continuous fiber reinforced thermoplastic composites made from greater than 95% post-consumer recycled PET (rPET) resin. Available in unidirectional tapes and multi-axial laminates, this extends the Polystrand portfolio into recycled content solutions.
Applications ranging from trucking and trailers to pipeline reinforcement benefit from the light weight, high strength, and impact resistance of continuous glass fiber reinforced rPET. Performance is on par with standard PET formulations using virgin resin.
Avient is committed to helping customers meet their sustainability goals in various ways through its composites portfolio. Composites are inherently lighter weight alternatives to metal and other materials, enabling sustainability initiatives such as material reduction and fuel economy improvements in many end products. Now, with new recycled-content offerings, Avient further supports a circular economy and helps customers lessen their environmental footprint.Related Read: How to Solve Fiber-reinforced Plastics Recycling Issues?
Lightweight and High Strength Materials
Avient will also highlight composite materials and engineered fiber solutions that offer high strength, weight reduction, and corrosion resistance for products across a broad range of industries and markets:Thermoplastic Composites:
- Polystrand™ continuous fiber reinforced unidirectional tapes and multi-axial laminates
- Hammerhead™ Marine Composite Panels – structural solutions to replace wood and other materials in boat building applications
- Polystrand™ structural sandwich panels
Related Read: Thermoplastic Composites: Solutions to Optimize Matrix Fiber Interface.
Engineered Fiber Solutions:
- Gordon Composites™ continuous glass and carbon fiber barstock, laminates, and composite springs, including springs for high-temperature industrial applications
- Gordon Glass™ archery bow limbs
- Glasforms™ pultruded rods, tubes, and custom profiles
- Fiber-Line™ engineered high-performance fibers, including coated, twisted, and custom wound aramid, glass, carbon, HMPE, and LCP fibers
- Fiber-Line™ pultruded rods and custom extrusion-coated rods and fibers
Avient is exhibiting in Hall C, Booth U32 at CAMX in Anaheim, California, from October 18-20, 2022. Source: Avient