The Society for the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering
(SAMPE, Diamond Bar, Calif., U.S.) is still calling for technical paper abstracts for SAMPE 2024, taking place in Long Beach, Calif., U.S. from May 20-23, 2024. Technical papers are the basis by which SAMPE is selecting presentations for the 2024 technical conference program. Abstract submission deadline is Oct. 1, 2023.
Abstracts (100-200 words) should concisely report the aims and outcomes of the research and should be fully understandable on it’s own to someone who hasn’t read the full paper or related sources. Guidelines include:
- Select one track that best aligns with abstract topic.
- A short, specific abstract title that indicates the nature of the technical paper (containing no abbreviations). Be as specific as possible as to what will be discussed in the paper — technologies or strategies covered, case studies cited, etc.
- Abstract should include research problems and objectives, methods, key results or arguments and a conclusion.
SAMPE 2024 technical paper tracks can fall under:
- Additive manufacturing
- Advances in composites manufacturing technology
- Clean and sustainable energy
- Composite qualification and certification
- Design, analysis and simulation
- Emergent materials and applications
- Factory of the future
- Government programs and projects
- Joining, assembly, maintenance and repair
- Materials for extreme environments
- Sustainable technologies and circular economy
- Thermoplastic materials and processes
More specific examples for each track can be found at SAMPE’s website here
Each technical paper received will undergoes a thorough review by a team of subject matter experts and volunteers. Selected abstracts will be announced on Nov. 6th, followed by a technical paper due date on Jan. 19th, 2024. For additional timeline details, or to submit an abstract, click here